Ritu Phogat Entry Into Atomweight World Grand Prix in 2021


Ritu Phogat Entry Into Atomweight World Grand Prix in 2021: After a troubling year for practically everyone in the world, the turn of the new year represents rekindled hope. Despite the circumstances, ONE Championship women’s atomweight contender and rising star Ritu “The Indian Tigress” Phogat had a respectable past 12 months, as she experienced growing success in her budding mixed martial arts career.

 

That being said, the Indian wrestling champion is also looking forward to an even better outcome in 2021.

 

“I know that I will be against the top-level fighters in 2021. I want to get ready for it by working on my striking and ground game. Whenever I face these top-level athletes, I want to be ready,” Phogat told ONE Championship in a recent interview.

 

Phogat recorded three victories last year, with each performance better than the next.

 

“The year 2020 was really good for me. I fought three back-to-back matches, and I think I improved in all of them,” said Phogat.

 

“My first match of 2020 went on for three rounds, my second match for two rounds, and just recently, my last match was over in the first round, so I think it was a good improvement. Last year taught me a lot, and I am feeling good about it. It was a great year for me. I keep wondering that if there was no lockdown, I could have fought one more time. Regardless, it was a successful year for me.”


Read More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

N Chandrasekaran appointed chairman of Tata Sons

DoT Secretary hints at making Draft NTP 2018 available in public domain soon

Visa buys NFT based CryptoPunk and paid $150,000 in Etherium